BTEC mid-Atlantic Working Group
The mid-Atlantic region has a compelling mixture of forest and agricultural resources as well as engineering expertise stemming from the region’s rich industrial history. BTEC is working in collaboration with PBEA (Pennsylvania Biomass Energy Association) to develop a biomass infrastructure and a united voice for the region. Contact BTEC Board member Paul Lewandowski of AFS Energy Systems Inc., to get involved with BTEC and PBEA in this region. Visit PBEA’s website here >>
- Policy and regulatory advocacy at the local, state, and regional levels
- Development, promotion, and distribution of providing energy in the Mid-Atlantic with our Renewable Biomass 2025 Vision
- Outreach to allied groups and organizations to expand network of biomass thermal advocates in the Mid-Atlantic
- Identification and prioritization of key policy, regulatory and public relations issues facing the biomass thermal industry
- Conduct research to provide information and data collection to assist/influence policy makers, regulators, and even future customers.
- Coordination of advocacy to federal delegations on key issues in Washington
- “Best ideas” sharing across region
- News, industry, conference, and grant opportunity updates for the region
Our efforts are a work in progress. We welcome your help, feedback, criticism and ideas.
- Contact us to provide feedback, criticism, and ideas to improve this vision
- Join BTEC and one of our various working groups to gain support, advancements, and experiences in the industry.
- Share the vision with anyone who may be interested. Invite their feedback.
- Join and financially support BTEC or any of the organizations that have presented these efforts.
- Raise these issues with your governor, state and federal officials, and state legislators.